Friday 6 July 2012

My health scare

Have had a health scare over the last couple of days, which thankfully has proved to be something we don't need to worry about. Thanks to my wonderful twitter friends, who as always support me and care, so only fair to let you know what it was. The things I have to put in print!!

For the last few days my stools have been black, so obviously we have both been really worried about what this might mean, and worse, the long term consequences. I was particularly worried because my hopeless mobility makes it nigh on impossible to easily undergo any of the tests we feared might be necessary. I knew that Eric was worried, especially when he admitted he was worrying that it might be cancer. The fact he was worried made it worse for me because he's Mr laid back normally. That thought had never occurred to me, I though stomach ulcer the culprit.

Thankfully I was given a clean bill of health by my GP this morning, who is not concerned in the slightest, believing it to be related to all the medication I take. Huge relief all round, but, despite it being good news, threw me (andEric) completely and has taken all day to get my head round it.

So there we have it, it's all about the colour, but sometimes colour isn't always as scary as you might think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome....